Our CPL (A) training program is designed for students with little to no flying experience that want to pursue a career in aviation according to ICAO regulations.
Fairway Aviation Academy is highly specialized in offering training from novices to “Frozen” ATPL (A). The trainees of the program will start with PPL (A) and upon obtaining the necessary flight experience, will continue with Instrument Rating Aeroplane IR (A), Commercial Pilot – Aeroplane (CPL/IR (A)).
After successful completion of the zero to Frozen ATPL (A) course, you will be issued a CPL (A)/IR license with successful completion of Frozen ATPL (A) theory and required number of hours for CPL (180) is completed. The candidate will be authorized to act as Pilot-In-Command (PIC) of an aircraft in an airline or with another commercial operator. The ATPL license is the highest level of aircraft pilot certification.
Entry requirement for CPL/IR
- Age not less than 18 years
- Medical fitness (Class I)
- Security Clearance
- Enrol with a certified flying school and undergo flying training, successful
completion of ground school and flying experience
- Flying experience as “C” below
- English Language Proficiency. (Level 4 or higher)
- Flying school recommendation for skill test
Components of a CPL(A) course and probable duration
|Module 1 Theoretical Training||6 months ( ATPL Frozen )|
|Module 2 Flying training||140 hours – 10 months|
|Theory Examinations at CAASL||within a period of 18 months on completion of ATPL frozen Course|
|Flying Test by CAASL||1 day|
Theoretical Training – Contents
- Air Law
- Aircraft General Knowledge 1 – Air-frame and Systems
- Aircraft General Knowledge 2 – Electrics-Electronics
- Aircraft General Knowledge 3 – Power plant
- Aircraft General Knowledge 4 – Instrumentation
- Flight Planning and Performance – Mass and balance
- Flight Planning and Performance – Performance
- Flight Planning and Performance – Flt planning and Monitoring
- Human Performance Limitations
- Navigation 1 – General Navigation
- Navigation 2 – Radio Navigation
- Operational Procedures
- Principles of Flight
- Communications Theory
- Practical Communication
For Commercial Pilot Licence
- Total minimum of 180 hrs (40 hrs from PPL), if completed during a course of approved training
- 100 hrs as PIC or in the case of a course of approved training, 70 hrs as PIC
- Cross country 50 hrs as PIC
- Instrument 40 hrs. (Maximum ground time 05 hrs)
- Night flying 5 hrs as PIC. (If night rating is sought)
Total duration for a full CPL/IR course module 1 and 2 is approximately 10 months.
- ATPL (A) Frozen includes studies for IR.
- To sit for ATPL (A) the candidate must be in possession of a PPL.
- ATPL examination can be attempted within 18 months.