As islanders with a tradition steeped in hospitality, we at Fairway Aviation welcome aviators from all over the globe. Our ICAO and CAASL approved training courses will enable you to build a strong foundation for your career in aviation.
International students should fill the Academy enrollment application and submit it with the documents listed below. The Academy will then issue the Enrollment letter, which the student will need when he or she applies for the Residence Visa to Sri Lanka (Please note that the visa requirements differ for different countries)
Documents to be submitted to Fairway:
- Police report from the student’s local police station
- Passport size photo
- Copy of passport
- Copy of Birth certificate
- Copies of educational certificates
- Copies of Pilot certificates, if any
- Student is above 16 years old
- Valid Passport
- Student is enrolled in a full time academic course conducted by a recognized institution
- Obtain Entry Visa approval from the Department of Immigration in Colombo (Application form can be downloaded here)
- Collect the Entry Visa endorsement from the nearest Sri Lankan Diplomatic Mission
- Travel to Sri Lanka
- After arrival, collect the student visa endorsement (Residence Visa) on passport at the Department of Immigration, Colombo.
Students MUST have entry visa PRIOR to travelling to Sri Lanka. Students should not under any circumstances use Online visa system (ETA) or tourist / business visa to travel to Sri Lanka. Change of visa types is NOT permitted in Sri Lanka.
Please contact us at any time at [email protected] or +94 117 623 624/ +94 774445830 if you have any questions regarding the application process.
Our staff will assist and advise you in securing accommodation that is close to the flight academy, and that suits your budget.
Many apartments are available for rent within the close proximity to the Flight School. A typical apartment will consist of 2-3 bedrooms with attached bathrooms, a pantry kitchen and living room area. Average cost for an apartment would be $350 USD per month.
Many Sri Lankan families provide very comfortable accommodation in their houses as well as annex units and average cost for a homestay would be $150 USD per month.
- Trishaws (aka Tuk Tuks) and Taxis
Meter TukTuks are available and they provide a cheap and efficient commute around Colombo. Apps such as Uber and PickMe are popular in Sri Lanka, and provide a wide range of vehicle options.
- Hiring a Car or a Scooter
Holders of an international car license may rent and drive vehicles in Sri Lanka. A car would cost an average of $250 USD per month, while a scooter may be hired for about $75 USD per month.
- Bus services
The cheapest way to get around Colombo, although it is recommended that students get a general idea of the fares and bus routes beforehand.
Fairway Aviation Academy will assist students in obtaining the Overseas Student Health Cover in Sri Lanka. Public healthcare is often free or at a very low cost, so students will be able to access medical services if necessary.